Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Smashing Pumpkins in Knoxville

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smashing Pumpkins in Knoxville

    For anyone interested, the Pumpkins will play the Tennessee Theater on August 13th...tix are 49.50. It's supposed to be more of an acoustic type "unplugged" set...hence the name "An Evening With the Smashing Pumpkins"...and if you are a fan of their music...consider this link a gift..
    http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...ection%3Aetree
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_goldmember's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Smashing Pumpkins in Knoxville

    I am going to see them in Charlottesville on the 16th. I saw them last November in Greensboro, and it was a very good show. This one should be even better since its at a small outdoor pavilion in the historic downtown area. Its 41 bucks general admission, so I plan on showing up several hours early to get close to the stage. Billy Corgan isn't quite what he used to be, but he is still way better than the crap on MTV.
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Smashing Pumpkins in Knoxville

    1/3 of their shows are within a 4-5 hour drive from here....and I have to disagree..Billy Corgan is doing the same things he always has...just his audience doesn't share his angst like it did a decade ago. Call it lazy or disaffected, but the 16-24 year olds walk around with their heads up their a$$es for the most part. Not true for all but true for every 8 out of 10..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •